250g/8 oz Mascarpone
A packet of Savoiardi (Lady Fingers)
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
100g Fresh Fruit
100ml Fresh Fruit Juice
Shot of Desert Wine / Liquor
- I usually make my own mixed fresh fruit juice (with a juicer), using some of the chosen fruit for the tiramisù, some oranges and any other fruit I have on hand.
- Otherwise use a ready made mixed juice.
- Add the desert wine/liquor to the juice.
- Slice your fresh fruit, set aside. This recipe works best with fruits that are a little tart such as strawberries, pineapple, raspberries.
- Separate the eggs into yolks and whites.
- Add a tiny pinch of salt to the whites. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar to form a creamy paste. Add the mascarpone and stir. Fold in the egg whites. Set aside.
- Dip each lady finger in the juice mix to soak. Arrange the soaked biscuits into one layer in a serving dish.
- Once you have the layer of soaked biscuits cover with a layer of the cream mix. Now do a layer with the sliced fresh fruit. Repeat the process until the dish is full.
- Finish with a fruit layer on top. Cover with cling film.
- Cool in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
- Please note that this is a dish that should be eaten the same day that it is made as it is made with raw eggs.
Serves 4 – 6