250g/8 oz Mascarpone
A packet of Savoiardi (Lady Fingers)
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
Zest of 1 Lemon
Lemon Pulp “Vesicles”
200ml whole milk
100g White Chocolate
10ml & 1 tsp of Limoncel
- Put the whole milk and 10ml of Limoncello in a dish.
- Chop the chocolate finely. Do not grate. The texture adds to the dish.
- Separate the eggs into yolks and whites.
- Add a tiny pinch of salt to the whites. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar to form a creamy paste. Add the mascarpone and stir. Add the teaspoon of limoncello and mix in. Gently fold in the egg whites. Set aside.
- Dip each lady finger in the milk/limoncello mix to soak (not too much . . . they shouldn’t be soggy). Arrange the soaked biscuits into one layer in a serving dish.
- Once you have the layer of soaked biscuits cover with a layer of the cream mix. Sprinkle with the white chocolate. Repeat the process until the dish is full.
- In each layer add a few vesicles of pulp from the lemon (literally the single teardop pieces of lemon). Just a very few in each layer to add a burst of acidity which contrasts with the sweetness of the biscuits and the cream and chocolate.
- Finish by decorating with a couple of slices of lemon.
- Cool in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
- Please note that this is a dish that should be eaten the same day that it is made as it is made with raw eggs and other dairy products.
Serves 4 – 6